Saturday, 30 July 2016 10:41
* Antique Your Photos: To make a new photo look antique, just take a photo (make sure you have a second print of the photo in case you mess up!!) and soak it in Coca Cola. I just used a small brownie pan and poured in about 1/2 inch of Coca Cola. Then I put in the photo until it was covered with the cola. Just soak for a few minutes until you get the colour that you want. Gently lift out the photo (careful not to touch the front with your fingers). Then gently pat dry with a soft lint less material. Or, drip dry. Then finish drying with a hair dryer.
* As a grease cutter in laundry. Pour a can/bottle of Coke into your was to loosen grease stains on clothing.
* As a meat tenderiser - I buy the absolute cheapest cuts of meat now and they turn out tender! Use Coke instead of water for a pot roast - pour a 12 oz. can/bottle of Coke over your meats that you want to tenderise and keep in fridge for at least 2 hours prior to cooking - OK to add spices in with the Coke if you like! Pour over a ham to make the best ham ever.
* Bake a moist ham. Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.
* Baked-on food cleaner - pour Coke on your baking pan and let stand overnight - or you can boil the Coke in saucepans and burned-on food comes off easily.
* Beautiful Curls: Pour a can of flat coke onto long hair and leave it in for a few minutes before washing thoroughly for perfectly separated curls!
* Boost a compost bin. Pouring flat Coca-Cola into the compost pile helps jump start the micro-organisms. The Real Thing increases the acidity and the sugar feeds the micro-organisms, increasing the organic matter in the compost.
* Bug & Road Film: use Coke to clean off accumulated crud from the windscreen of my car. I buy a 600 ml bottle and shake it up so that it acts like a pressure pack can. The citric and phosphoric acids lift everything off, including crusted on bugs. Best not to do it in full sun, and wash it off immediately."
* Carpet Stains!: Permanent marker stains coke over the stain then after letting the coke set and gently using a scrub brush, the permanent marker stain was lifted. I added a little soapy water which consisted of tide and water to gently wipe over area.
* Chewing gum in hair. Yikes. Dip the area of
hair into a bowl of Coca Cola for a few minutes and the gum will be easy to wipe
* Chewing gum in hair. Yikes. Dip the area of hair into a bowl of Coca Cola for a few minutes and the gum will be easy to wipe off.
* Clean a toilet bowl. Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl. Let the real thing sit for one hour, then brush and flush clean. The phosphoric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
* Clean Ancient Coins: An anonymous contributor writes; "I have a use for Coca Cola. We use it to clean ancient bronze coins. Badly corroded coins are first soaked in 100 percent lye for several weeks, and then in the final stage, they are soaked in Coke and hand cleaned.
* Clean Battery Corrosion: Pour a can of Coke on your car battery's connections to remove that cruddy corrosion. A clean connection makes it easier to start your car!
* Clean blood stains from clothes. Saturate the blood stain with Coca-Cola, let sit five minutes, and then launder as usual. Coke removes blood from clothing—even dried blood that has gone through the washing machine and dryer.
* Clean Burnt Pans Effortlessly: Cleaned a long-forgotten burnt saucepan simply by boiling some Coca Cola in it. A few weeks later my turnip boiled dry and the pan was quite encrusted in places.
* Clean corrosion from car battery terminals. Pour a can of carbonated Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion, according to Heloise.
* Clean eyeglasses. The phosphoric acid cleans the grunge from eyeglasses, then rinse with water.
* Clean milk stains from clothes. Saturate the milk stains with a can of Coca-Cola, let the garment sit for five minutes, and then launder in your regular wash.
* Clean rust in a bathtub. Saturate an abrasive sponge with Coca-Cola and scrub the rust stain. The phosphoric acid in the Coke removes rust.
* Clean tarnished pennies. Fill a drinking glass with Coca-Cola and drop in the pennies. Let sit for one hour, then wipe clean with a soft cloth.
* Clean Truck Engines? A Rumour: Staff cleaning their Coke Truck engines with Coca Cola.
* Condition hair. To give your hair a great shine, pour a can of Coca Cola into your hair, working it in well, and then rinse your hair with water.
* Cook with Coca-Cola. The Coca-Cola Consumer Information Centre offers a free packet of recipes including a Mustard Herb Dressing (an Italian style salad dressing made with one-half cup of Coca-Cola), a Twin Cheese Dip (requiring three-quarter cup of Coca-Cola and doubling as a sandwich filling), and Sweet-Sour Cabbage (using one-half cup of Coca-Cola and two tablespoons of bacon drippings).
* Fertilize azaleas or gardenias. Watering azaleas or gardenias with Classic Coke increases the acidity in the soil, which azaleas love, and boosts plant performance. The sugar in the Coke feeds micro-organisms in the soil, increasing the organic matter in the soil.
* Get a Tan: Buy some Coke, not diet coke, cherry coke or generic, just plain Coke and apply it over skin. Lay in sun for short while. It lasted for about 6-7 months.
* Get rid of fruit flies. Use an electric drill with a one-quarter-inch bit to drill a hole in the cap of a two litre Coke bottle. Leave one inch of Classic Coke (not diet r caffeine-free) in the bottom of the bottle, and set outside. Fruit flies will crawl into the bottle to enjoy the Real Thing, but won’t be able to get back out.
* Greener Grass: Spray an inexpensive cola on your grass once a month for super green grass which remains greener than other lawns throughout the fall and winter months. This really works! Also, for green grass and no bugs, combine: 1 can of coke, 1 cup of ammonia and 1/4 cup of dish soap. Spray on grass once a month.
* Gum in your Hair: Take the gum coated hair and dip in a small bowl that has some Coca Cola in it. Let sit for just a few minutes and the gum will wipe right off.
* Ice Removal: In the winter when your windshield ices up, just pour coke over it and it will go away instantly! Thanks Jennifer! Sounds a bit messy, but a good way to get that ice off quick when you are in a hurry and happen to have a Coca Cola near by!!
* Kill slugs or snails. Fill jar lids with flat Coca-Cola and set in the garden. Slugs and snails, attracted by sweet soda, will slither into the jar lid and be killed by the acids in the Coke.
* Lawn fertiliser - Use coke in a spray canister on your lawn about once every 30-45 days to keep your grass greener.
* Loosen a rusted bolt. Apply coke on a cloth soaked in a carbonated soda to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
* Mousse hair. Mix equal parts Coca-Cola and water in a trigger spray bottle and shake well. After getting out of the shower or bath, spray a light coat of the diluted Coke over your hair to give your locks a tousled look.
* Neutralise skunk odour. Pour four two litre bottles of Coke into a bucket, sponge yourself down in shower, and rinse clean. The acids in the Coca-Cola kill skunk odours.
* Plump Raisins Tip for Cooking: When baking, if you need to "plump" raisins before adding to cakes and cookies, soak them in Coca Cola instead of water. Water leaches out the flavour of the raisins, but Coke adds spiciness and intensifies the flavour.
* Pour Coke down your drain once a month to keep it from clogging.
* Remove grease from clothes. Empty a can of Coke into a load of greasy work clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular wash cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
* Remove Oil Stains from the Driveway!:It is well known that the best way to remove oil stains from concrete driveways or garages is to pour on coke, let it soak then hose off.
* Remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers. Rubbing the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminium foil dipped in Coca-Cola will help remove rust spots.
* Strip paint off metal patio furniture. Cover the spot you wish to
strip for one week with a bath towel saturated with Coca-Cola. Add more Coke
every day to keep the towel wet. The paint strips right off.
* Strip paint off metal patio furniture. Cover the spot you wish to strip for one week with a bath towel saturated with Coca-Cola. Add more Coke every day to keep the towel wet. The paint strips right off.
* Tile and grout cleaner - pour it on directly from the can or bottle and leave for just a little while - when you wipe it , tile and grout will be glistening clean!
* Too Dark Dye Job: strip dye from hair, or at least fade it (I have a thing for dying my hair you see) and she said that if you pour a bottle of diet coke (and diet coke only) over your hair, it helps fade dye and even remove it!
* Home Remedies from the Country Doctor: These are only suggestions! Use with Caution!
* As a stomach remedy. Open a Coke and pour back and forth between two glasses rapidly until carbonation is gone - then drink slowly to relieve upset stomach. Also helps with heartburn.
* Gargle with Coke next time you have the hiccups.
* Prevent diarrhoea. When travelling through developing countries where the risk of getting diarrhoea is high, drinking Coca-Cola helps minimize your chances of getting the trots, according to The Doctor’s Book of Home Remedies. The acids in Coca Cola help reduce the amount of E. Coli bacteria in your intestines, inhibiting the production of toxins that would otherwise prevent your intestines from absorbing water.
* Prevent flatulence. Add a can of Coca-Cola to a pot of pinto beans when cooking to neutralize the gas.
* Relieve an upset stomach, nausea, or the pangs of food poisoning. Open a can of Coca-Cola, let it sit until it goes flat (roughly thirty minutes), then drink the defizzed real thing. Coca-Cola syrup is used an elixir to cure upset stomachs, and it still works, according to The Doctor’s Book of Home Remedies. Letting the bubbles out of the soda prevents the carbonation from further upsetting your stomach.
* Relieve constipation. Drinking a can of the real thing can have a laxative result.
* Silky Soft Skin: Mix a spoonful of regular coca-cola (not diet) with unscented lotion.
* Soothe a jellyfish sting. Pouring the real thing over a jellyfish sting relieves the stinging pain. The acids in the Coke seem to neutralize the venom.
* Soothe a sore throat. Gargle with Coca-Cola. The carbonation in the cola loosens phlegm.
Recipes Using Coca Cola
BBQ Sauce: Mix mixed 50-50 coca cola and Heinz ketchup together and slathered on his barbecue meat
1- 28 oz. bottle ketchup
1 lg. onion (or 2 smaller ones)
1 T. soy sauce
1-12 oz. can Coca Cola (the real thing)
2 T. cooking oil (olive works well for the heart)
3 cloves garlic crushed or minced
BBQ Left-overs. If you have barbeque leftovers like chicken or steak put them in a pan with a can of coke and reheat in the oven, the meat stays extra tender without ruining the grill flavour." Thanks Sarah, I can't wait to try this one!
Coca Cola Cake Take chocolate cake mix and mix it with 1 can of diet coke (10-12 oz.). Bake as directed on the back of the cake mix box. It makes the moistest chocolate cake ever. All you use is the cake powder and the diet coke (no eggs, milk, etc...)! if making a vanilla cake you can use Diet sprite
Coca Cola Chicken: In a Dutch Oven or Crock Pot add up to 12 pieces of chicken, 1 bottle (36 0z.) Catsup or Tomato Sauce, 20 oz. Coca Cola. Cook in Crock Pot until Chicken is tender and comes off the bone easily. In a Dutch Oven, heat to 350 degrees, cook for 30 minutes or until chicken comes off the bone easily.
Coca Cola Chicken: Take one frying chicken, 1 cup of dry red chiles 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2 cans of coke. Cut and fry chicken--remove from pan--to pan add 1 can of coke, brown sugar, and crushed up chiles--bring to a boil add chicken and simmer on low for 20 minutes--add reserve can of coke if liquid evaporates. Serve over white rice. This is a very spicy meal and it is delicious.
Flavourful & Tender - Pork, Chicken or Beef: Mix equal parts of Coca Cola and catsup and pour over your meat in a Crock Pot. Cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours. Works well with pork, chicken, beef. I've also added onion at the same time as the Coke/catsup mixture and that's also tasty
Saute onion and garlic in the oil until transparent. Add ketchup, soy sauce, and Coke to that and simmer until of desired consistency. If you like it thick, simmer it a little longer than, if you want a light sauce coating. Cool and use on all your grilled meats or, make Sloppy Joe's out of it with pre-browned meat or leftover meat.
Super Tender Steak: Always marinates steaks in coca cola before barbequing. It works as a great tenderizer.
Tender Pot Roast: When preparing a pot roast, use Coke instead of water. Tenderizes and imparts unique flavour.
To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan; wrap the ham in aluminium foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.
Variations follow: Add some liquid smoke if you want it smokey. If you want it less sweet add 1 t. vinegar. Want it spicier add red pepper flakes or juice from canned jalapeno peppers. You can also divide it if you make a bigger batch and make it a variety batch with different tastes for different dishes. Use your imagination, and the recipe is endless as far as different varieties.
You can make up to 6x the recipe and store leftover sauce for the summer in the freezer or fridge in air tight containers. I do this so that I have plenty on hand for the summer months.