Friday July 29, 2016 09:38:05 PM
tube of lipstick should last for 6 months.
Bath Splash: Fill a plant mister with your favourite after bath splash. You
can Bath: Add a capful of perfume to your bath water. Soak in the scented
water for ten minutes.
- Apply cold cream to scalp, bind with plastic wrap A tube of lipstick should
last for 6 months. Buy it where you can take it back if you don't like the
- Apply daily to warts until they dissolve.
- BROWN SUGAR SCRUB: Mix 1 cup Brown Sugar with
half cup Olive oil or Butter, and mix well. Your skin will be so soft. Used
on your face followed with Lemon juice, you will see an improvement in your
skin within a week.
- Buy it where you can take it back if you don't like the colour.
- Cooking spray will dry finger nail polish.
Dead Skin: Rub a small amount of Miracle Whip (not mayonnaise) into your skin
and let it dry a few minutes. While your skin is still slightly moist, massage
it vigorously with your fingertips.
You'll be surprised at how much dead skin
will roll right off. This treatment is very good for feet, elbows, knees and
- Depending on your colouring, it may also be used to line your eyebrows. Or use
earth tone eye shadow. Lipstick can be used as blush.
- Don't waste your money on expensive facial creams. Many a woman gets by with a
plain jar of cold cream.
- If you wear contact lenses, shop around. The prices differ dramatically for
the same lenses. Check out mail order companies.
Eyelashes: Your eyelashes will grower thicker and long if, every night before
retiring, you rub lashes with Castor oil.
Eyes: Before retiring, apply Castor oil around your eyes. Make sure it is the odourless form. Plastic surgeons use this on their patients following surgery.
Face: Mix equal parts of water and Cider Vinegar to cleanse and tone your
Feet: To soften, heat enough vegetable oil to cover the feet. Massage in
thoroughly up to the ankles. Then wrap each foot in a hot wet towel (wrung out
until damp). Leave in place for 10 minutes.
- Fight dandruff, by rinsing with Vinegar and 2 cups of warm water, after
Hair: Spray cologne on towel-dried hair before blow drying.
If you wear contact lenses, shop around. The prices differ dramatically for
the same lenses. Check out mail order companies. Consider wearing glasses.
They are cheaper.
- Lemon juice/Vinegar reduces freckles if put on daily till they
Liver Spots: Rub brown areas on hands and face with castor oil two or three
times a day.
Make your own facial powder by combining mashed inexpensive compact powder
with twice as much baby powder.
Mascara can be used to line eyes with a small eyeliner brush.
Mascara: Add a drop or two of water to a mascara wand (water-soluble) when it
gets dry; use the brush to loosen and mix mascara.
Mix foundation and moisturizer (50/50) and dab on with a sponge. It will give
a translucent, more natural look.
Nails: Store a new bottle of nail polish in the refrigerator and it will
always be smooth and easy to apply.
Nails: When doing grimy jobs such as gardening and you don't like to wear
gloves, protect your nails by dampening an ordinary bar of soap. Dig your
nails into the soap. The caked soap under your nails will keep out the dirt.
Perspiration: To neutralize perspiration odours, soak in tepid water mixed
with 1/2 cup Baking Soda/ Bi-Carb. After the bath, dust Baking Soda/ Bi- Carb on feet and
Pimples: Apply Lemon juice to clear up pimples.
- Remember to discard your makeup every 6 months for safety reasons. It is hard
to do, but easier if you don't have as much of it.
- Remove corns by making a poultice of one crumbled piece of bread soaked in
one-quarter cup Vinegar.
- Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
- Remove warts by applying a lotion of half cider vinegar and half glycerine.
- Save money on make-up by letting your cosmetics do double-duty. Mascara can be
used to line eyes with a small eyeliner brush.
Substitute baby oil for facial cleansing cream.
- Take 1 cup of vinegar and warm water into a large glass and use to rinse your
hair after you shampoo. Vinegar adds highlights to brunette hair, restores the
acid mantel, and removes soap film and sebum oil.
- Take advantage of Beauty Schools. They are always looking for people to
practice on. They usually do a good job, as they are watched carefully by
Tanning: Smooth baby oil on skin and let penetrate before applying sunless
- VINEGAR FOR SCARS & AGE SPOTS:
Take a piece of cotton and put Vinegar on it. Rub the cotton on the age
spots and scars. For a really dark spot, tape the cotton over the spot with
a medical tape and keep it on overnight.
Use baby powder underneath your make-up if your skin is greasy.
Waxing: Dust on powder or cornstarch before waxing. It absorbs moisture and
oil so wax adheres better. Powder also shows up leg areas yet to be waxed.